Contentment is a thing that seems to come and go with me. I capture it in moments; moments richly sweet and apparently slippery, as I can't seem to hold onto one for long. Joy and peace are constant but contentment is like hunger.
I have this cabin fever, this need to go, and explore, and meet new challenges, and without it I get restless. I can't stay in one spot too long before the classic TCK longing hits-the longing to go, to do, to be completely out of my element and learn, to EXPLORE...I don't think it's something a non-TCK could understand. It can be a really good thing if you don't let it take over. It has me firmly in its grasp at the moment, and I'm rather certain that is the cause of my current state of discontent and somewhat frayed emotion. Juggling a few part-time jobs and a for some reason undefined relationship and trying to be a light to my co-workers and do my best at all jobs is a little bit exhausting, especially with the longing knocking at my door.
Thankfully, I don't have to do it all on my own. As Paul wrote, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13). People use that verse out of context all the time to mean whatever they want, but Paul is talking about contentment--even contentment is possible, through Christ--read the surrounding verses (Phil. 4:10-13).
If I could I would jump in my car this moment and just go. Just go. Come with?
No comments:
Post a Comment