Monday, August 31, 2009

professional gypsy looking for work...

Well I'm no longer stuck in Bangkok. Vacation was good, but I think I'm going to do most of it again. Thailand, Cambodia, and Malaysia haven't seen the last of me (or so I pray). Now I'm back in Japan with The Question still looming before me, waiting for an answer I'll have to give in the not-so-distant future. What is a gypsy like me supposed to do with her life? White picket fences scare me. The mere thought of an office/desk job is terrifying. Living in one spot for more than 4 1/2 years is nearly incomprehensible. And I'd almost rather do paperwork and make up my bed mom-style for a year than do more schooling. I don't think I'm supposed to stay here for another year but I have no idea what my next move is supposed to be. But then again, aren't things in my life always foggy? I don't think I'm supposed to stay here but I don't feel like I'm supposed to move back to the states just yet either. With my degree basically in miscellaneous though, I don't even know what I'm qualified to do. I do, however, know what I love: 
  • photography
  • writing
  • traveling
  • God
  • art (modern, ancient, fashion, music, page layouts...I find it all fascinating) 
  • people (people are fascinating too, particularly TCKs, ATCKs, ex-pats...)
  • natural healing/natural medicine/nutrition 
Perhaps I should go back to school for photography. Perhaps...perhaps a lot of things. I think my dream job would be to work for a travel magazine or some TCK publication, taking pictures and writing for them. Or, maybe just writing for myself. Or maybe I should go back to school to actually become a teacher and work for DODDs or some international school. I don't know. I'm curious to see what God has in store.
Anybody hiring? I can start in April of next year...

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

china is always hiring.

....but you knew i would say that :)

Kristin said...

unfortunately i'll still be about $10,800 in debt at the end of March and i want to be able to pay that off in 2-4 years...china can't help me out there